show / hide sidebar
Our Learning Center offers how to guides, white papers, presentations, calculators and award winning recipes for your next batch of beer or wine.
Click Here To Visit For our Special Offers and Great Deals
Current Top Sellers
Vinmetrica’s SC-200 Measures pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in wines easily, accurately and quickly. Knowing your pH and your TA parameters is essential during the winemaking process to insure you are making the highest quality wines.
Complete Kit Includes Everything You Need for Your First 30 pH/TA Tests.
- The Vinmetrica SC-200 pH/TA Meter
- a Titration beaker
- a 5 mL syringe
- a pH electrode
- a 5 mL sampling pipette
- The SC-200 Operating Manual
Simple pH Procedure
- 1. Attach the pH electrode and press the ‘Power’ button
- 2. Press the ‘Mode’ button and switch into ‘Cal’ mode.
- 3. Set aside the storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- 4. Calibrate with the pH 4 & 7 reference solutions. Press enter when the ‘Cal’ LED flashes. Put into ‘pH’ mode.
- 5. Take 5 mL sample of wine, place in a beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test
- 1. For TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
- 2. Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- 3. Put SC-200 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- 4. Add TA Titrant dropwise until the endpoint is reached with the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- 5. Multiply the titration volume by 2, the TA conversion factor,results in g/L Tartaric Acid.
Simple as that!
- pH range: 1.0 to 13.
- Accuracy: better than 0.02 pH unit.
- Autocalibrate on pH 3.00, 4.01, 7.00, 10.00
- TA mode: Accuracy: +/- 0.2 g/L Tartaric acid.
- Sensitivity: Detects down to 0.2 g/L Tartaric Acid
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.